Adding Chase/Amazon Credit Card shows up under investments

Options
terry.kaz
terry.kaz Member ✭✭

I added my new Chase/Amazon account to Quicken and it lists it under "investment" account, with a huge balance. How can I change it to a credit card account. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In addition to checking or credit card accounts, do you also have investment accounts with Chase? Accounts which haven't already been added to Quicken?

Please describe the steps you took to add this new account. Somewhere you appear to have selected more than just the one credit card you wanted to add and additional accounts were created.

• terry.kaz
    terry.kaz Member ✭✭
    Options

No, I do not have anything at chase except a closed southwest airline credit card. My investment accounts are all at a bank. I just went to add account in Quicken and followed the prompts. I'm not sure if I should delete it and re-add it? I just opened the credit card account so there is no data to loose. Thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @terry.kaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did it get added as a new account in the investment section, or did it get linked to an existing investment account? If it got linked to an existing account, then you would want to restore a backup from before that happened, then try adding the account again, and carefully check the Add/Link screen to ensure it isn't trying to Link to existing when it should be Adding to Quicken.

If it got added as a new account and is showing in the wrong section (investing instead of credit card), then you would want to backup your Quicken file, delete the account, and try re-adding it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• terry.kaz
    terry.kaz Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I will try that.

• terry.kaz
    terry.kaz Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I restored to my last backup and added the credit card with no problem. I'm not sure what I did wrong last week, but all is well. 😀

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get the card added with no issues this time.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.