Trouble Paying Bills From Citibank Account

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: CC-502 Error to Citibank.

Comments

• Ao5(9u%6
    Ao5(9u%6 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is an extremely frustrating issue with Citibank. Yet I have found a partial workaround.

If I temporarily disable 2-Step Authentication on my Citibank account, I can download data into Quicken. But when I try uploading—paying a bill through Quicken using my Citibank account—it does not seem to work. I get no error messages or indication of what is going on. Ten days after I tried it, Citibank tells me they have no record of my instructions (to pay the bill).

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Ao5(9u%6,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To send instructions to the financial institution through Quicken, your account would need to be connected via Direct Connect. Citibank does not support that; the connection methods they use are Express Web Connect and Web Connect. This article provides the list of financial institutions that do support Bank Bill Pay through Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.