Update Now one account, updates ALL accounts

Options
FormerHostage
FormerHostage Member ✭✭

Quicken for Windows 11: R51.10: Build 27.1.51.10

I have NAVFED bank accounts and a USAA Credit card account. Neither is selected in my One Step Update options.

I am in my NAVFED checking account, select the Update Now options, and the pop up box appears ONLY showing my NAVFED account as the option (selected).

However, when the process completes, not only are the NAVFED accounts updated, so is the USAA account even though 1 was not in that account when I selected the update option nor is it selected as a One Step Update option. Have had this issue for the past 2 months.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a code issue?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @FormerHostage,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

>Quicken for Windows 11: R51.10: Build 27.1.51.10

> Have had this issue for the past 2 months.

File is kept on C drive

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Kristina,

I did the Validate but it did not fix the issue.

I've executed the Super Validate but will need to wait to test until I have new transactions for my NFCU and USAA accounts.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.