I cannot get my bank transactions to upload into quicken for home & business

Options
LPB
LPB Member

the transaction file will not upload into the account. I keep getting a message that says upload failed. I always download the transactions from the bank and then open it up into quicken. No problem until last month.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who is your bank?

Do you get an error code? If so, what is that code?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• LPB
    LPB Member
    Options

Wells Fargo. I’ve been downloading the transactions and then importing. It worked fine all these past years and then starting June 2 I haven’t been able to import.

• LPB
    LPB Member
    Options

the message just says import failed

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for the replies. I do not see any Alerts posted for a WF Web Connect issue.

Three more questions:

What type of account(s) are you downloading?

Are they business accounts or personal accounts?

What is the exact and full name of the Financial Institution your WF account(s) is set up with? You can get this information from the Online Services tab of Account Details or from Account List.

• LPB
    LPB Member
    Options

Wells Fargo checking

• LPB
    LPB Member
    Options

personal account

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for posting the replies. I was going to suggest doing something but I see that a Moderator has recently done a good job of posting that same suggestion for another person who has been having difficulty using Web Connect (manually downloading and importing transactions in QFX files). You can view the Moderator's suggestion in this thread:

After you try doing that, post back here to let me know if that resolved the issue for you.

• LPB
    LPB Member
    Options

this didn’t resolve the issue. Now I have deactivated and cannot figure out how to reactivate

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When following the instructions, the next step after deactivation would be to import your QFX file again.

• LPB
    LPB Member
    Options

yes I tried to import. Nothing …..

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@LPB - When you tried to import the QFX file, did you try importing the file you had previously downloaded that would not import? Or did you download a fresh QFX file from WF and then try to import that?

BTW, I have a WF personal checking account and a WF personal credit card account. I have them set up in 3 different files:

1. One file is set up with WC (like what you are attempting to do).
    2. One file is set up with EWC.
    3. One file is set up with DC.

I just now was able to update both WF accounts in all 3 data files and all the transactions and balances are correct. So, I'm a bit confused about why you are not able to successfully manually import your QFX file.

This discussion has been closed.