How do I get Quicken to update 2 American Express accounts that each have different sign ins?

Options
FeldmanFam7
FeldmanFam7 Member ✭✭

I have 2 AMEX accounts, each with a different sign in. Quicken previously knew about each account and downloaded transactions for both. Now it only recognizes one at a time. When I try to add back in the one it doesn't see, it adds it with no problem but then says it cannot find the other account and deactivates it. It keeps going back and forth recognizing one account and not the other because it cant "find" it. That is because there is only one account per sign in. It is trying to find all the accounts at the same time. How do I stop it from doing that?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @FeldmanFam7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you have 2 American Express accounts with different sign ins, there is a way to get both into your Quicken file:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

i am not sure that this is same situation, but I am able to add two Amex cards (Delta Skymiles) that have different users and sign-ins. They seem to be working fine with Quicken. The only issue I had was when I was adding the second one, for some reason, it was linked to my Optum HSA account. I caught it and then re-linked to the appropriate Amex card before finalizing the connection.

This discussion has been closed.