I have the lastest version of Quicken for Mac. It randomly has disconnected transfers.

Options
Dougb4
Dougb4 Member
edited September 2023 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)

It routinly has disconnected transfers between accounts - the transaction is on on account, but not on the account it's transfered with. if I duplicate the transaction in the account it appears in, then so far it shows up on the other account.

Also a few times Quicked totally and randomly deleted a few old transactions from a few years ago.

What is Quicken's plan to fix these bugs?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Dougb4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did these issues first start? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when they started? Is this issue happening with all transfers? If not, is there any pattern (such as only affecting transfers to or from a specific account)? Is there any pattern to when these older transactions disappear (for instance, does it happen only when reconnecting an online account)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dougb4
    Dougb4 Member
    Options

seems random- probably over at least the last two quicken versions and different accounts. But I’ll log them when they happen again and note it herein.

Once within a couple of days it also deleted a few large and few years old transactions I had to debug.

The file is 28Mb, since Jan 2020, so I thought it was too big so I should break it up to fewer years, like with Windows version.
    But I understand file size won’t cause issues with corruption on Mac so I never have to break up the file or do file or super file validation, right?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

File size shouldn't cause issues on Mac. You shouldn't have to break up the file and Quicken for Mac does not have a Validate/Super Validate tool. Files can still sometimes have issues, but it's less common on Quicken for Mac. The main things that can potentially cause issues are having your Quicken file synced to a cloud service like iCloud or Dropbox, if something goes wrong during an update, or if the computer unexpectedly loses power while you're in your Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Dougb4
    Dougb4 Member
    Options

I keep the Quicken files on my local Mac hard drive, but the backup files get synced with iCloud. This will prevent any cloud-caused issues because quicken closes the local file, then makes an automatic backup locally then iCloud syncs it with the cloud, right?

• Dougb4
    Dougb4 Member
    Options

so what is causing occasional disconnected transfers?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Having backup files synced to the cloud is fine, so long as, if you have to restore from one, you remember to ensure its located on the hard drive and not synced to the cloud. The main reason for this is Quicken files are designed to be accessed by only one source at a time. If you're in your Quicken file and the cloud tries to sync with it, that can lead to issues.

The behaviors you've been describing do sound like a possible issue with your file though. Have you restored a backup from before the issues started to see if they persist in the newly restored file?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Dougb4
    Dougb4 Member
    Options

I almost never restore from backup - I make so many updates every week, downloading account updates etc, and it makes a backup every time I exit Quicken. This issue seems random and I only notice when I reconcile account and one account won’t reconcile bc the transfer didn’t appear there. The issue whereby it deleted a couple of old transactions was readily apparent since a current balance was way off all of a sudden- I just had to go back to see where the balance when wacky.

I also only save two backups and I usually resolve any reconciliation differences before exiting Quicken anyway and so going back to a.backup file to find one that didn’t have this issue probably wouldn’t work.

I can live with it as is but is there a way to have the file checked by Quicken to look for any file issues?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Quicken for Mac doesn't have any tools like that built in due to how uncommon file issues are. You could try reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.