Difficulty Downloading, Sometimes Freezes. Issues with Bills & Income.

Options
John Nastasi
John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭

I have been using quicken since I moved off Managing Your Money 20+ years ago. [Removed - Rant] The Rental and Business section of the program are totally useless for any meaningful operability and integration into the product.

The most concerning problem is the ability of downloading transactions into my different registers (Credit card and Bank) accounts. The downloading capability is fraught with problems. Sometimes the transactions will download and other times the account freezes and refuses to download the transactions and update the registers.

The Bills and income tabs are totally non reliable, and I've given up trying to get the Bills and Income function to work. I've reset the accounts, deleted the connection, deleted the accounts with no consistent resolution.

Sometimes (rarely) I can get the web connection download from the bank to work.

I've resorted to visit each bank or credit account every few days to download transactions. If a payment is due, I pay it on the Credit card web page and manually ender the transaction into Quicken. Not the best solution but it is the only thing that will work consistently.

I just wish there was another way to get around all these problems. [Removed.

I'm deeply disappointed with Quicken.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @John Nastasi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into these problems. Did you try creating a test file as @Arctic Hare recommended in the original discussion thread (linked below for reference)?

Could you go into more detail about what connection issues you're encountering? Are you getting error messages/error codes? If not, then what is happening?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.