Bring back the ability to see details for each transaction in By Category & By Payee Reports[Edited]

Options
SBJPLACE
SBJPLACE Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports

As recently as 2021, I could pull a "By Category" or "By Payee" report across whatever timeframe I wanted - and it would display details for each transaction within that category - including the $$ amount of each transaction. [Edited - Readability] I could export it to Excel if need be, with that information intact, and do any final adjustments or calculations on the data. For example, trying to pull reports for tax purposes and details for contributions / donations where multiple entries exist for different entities. Somewhere along the way, that detail disappeared and I can only get a total of ALL transactions in the category, with out the kind of detail that a "Register Report" offers. The problem is a Register Report is only for one account. When and why did this feature disappear? The data is certainly available in the database. Please bring it back!

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I, just now, did REPORTS> Banking> Transaction, subtotaled by Category report. How does that not fill your need?

There's also a subtotal by Payee option.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SBJPLACE
    SBJPLACE Member ✭✭
    Options

I'll look at that - but it doesn't give me as much 'display' as I would like. No dates on the transactions, for instance. So, it's awkward but I can probably work with it. Thank you. It's not a format I have worked with before.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To control what columns are shown. click on the gear at the top right of the report and select the columns you want to see. If columns are missing from the list, click on Reset Columns.

Also occasionally column width get set ridiculously wide. Make sure the columns you want are not scrolled off to the right and set the widths you want.

I think the column selections and widths in this built-in report are now saved automatically and will be used the next time you open the report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeanine Schmidt
    Jeanine Schmidt Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks for the help with detailed reports.