Ongoing Citibank Problems

Options
hscohn16
hscohn16 Member

For at least 6 months, if not longer, I am having problems downloading transactions to my Citibank accounts, especially my checking account. I always receive the following error message:

It is an erroneous message because I have not deleted any Citibank accounts. I have attempted multiple times to add my Citibank accounts again, but that has not resolved the problems.

In addition to not downloading transactions, Quicken deletes transactions from prior years which causes my accounts to be out of balance. I have gone back numerous times to find the deleted transactions, but now it has happened so frequently that it is too much work.

These problems only occur with Citibank. I have no problems with other accounts. It makes no sense that Quicken has been unable to resolve the problems with one of the largest banks in the world.

I am now weighing to purchase a different program to manage my finances and get rid of Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @hscohn16,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file, then follow the steps in this article on error CC-800 to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Since Citi still offers direct connect, you should consider switching connection methods. You should see "improve connection" in Account list for your Citi Accounts. Deactivate them from Online Services and reactivate using direct connect and linking to your existing accounts. That will be the last CC-800 error you see until Citi drops direct connect in the future.

• Active User
    Active User Member ✭✭
    Options

I also know the Citibank Credit Card specifically stems from it's two factor authentication (I had the 800 error but once I completely reset everything, it ultimately settled on a 592 error:

Quicken is unable to update your account because Citibank is using an unsupported secondary authentication method. You may need to deactivate or change the secondary authentication method in use on their website before we can update your account.

I understand the workaround is to disable two factor authentication with Citibank but I don't want to give up that protection and also don't want to have to manually perform this function every time I want transactions to automatically download. This issue has been going on for more than a year, certainly there has to be a fix with Quicken to partner with Citibank to solve since I have other accounts with two factor authentication that automatically download perfectly fine.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Active User actually the workaround for Citi is to use direct connect. 2FA does not impact that connection method.

• Active User
    Active User Member ✭✭
    Options

@markus1957…thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the feedback and was aware of that option. That said, none of us should need to settle for a workaround when the capability of the express connect was working just fine with Citibank prior to this issue. We shouldn’t have to wait more than a year to restore the express connect, which many prefer and use across many other accoints.

This discussion has been closed.