Fidelity Netbenefits not downloading transactions nor error message

Options
Stu
Stu Member ✭✭✭

Since August 1st, 2023, Fidelity Netbenefits is not downloading transactions and yet is not sending any error message either. This happens whether from One-Step Update or from the transaction register. The connection completes but no transactions appear.

I know there are transactions that should have been downloaded as they show up when I go to Fidelity Netbenefits directly from a web connection without going through Quicken.

Comments

• Bob Kelley
    Bob Kelley Member ✭✭
    Options

Known Issue, as yet unfixed.

For me, the transactions download but they are incomplete and incorrect.

It appears the Fidelity proprietary funds (e.g. FID 500 INDEX), but external funds (like Vanguard) are downloaded correctly. The Fidelity funds come through as "Unknown Security", although the memo field does contain the security name. In addition the transaction type is coded as "Bonds Bought" instead of "Buy - Shares Bought" and the share quantity is incorrect by 10x (Purchase of 10.1234 shares comes through as 1.01234 shares.

• SB
    SB Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I too am seeing the exact issue as described by Bob. QW R51.12 27.1.51.12 on Win 10 19045.3271.

• Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ticket #10350672/CTP-7212 - not downloading appropriately still yet no update from Quicken regarding this issue since 7/26 - Anja update please

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Are there two different issues here? My original issue relates specifically to the Fidelity Netbenefits Institution not downloading transactions. Bob Kelley and SB reference Fidelity but not Fidelity NetBenefits, which is a separate FI. Not sure which FI Ticket #10350672/CTP-7212 refers to.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Stu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. There are 2 known issues right now:

1. Fidelity Netbenefits 401K transaction downloads all "Unidentified Security". This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release. (CTP-7302)
    2. Fidelity Netbenefits holdings disappearing from accounts. This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

If your transactions are not downloading at all, then the issue you're encountering may be separate from these known issues. You mentioned you're not getting error messages. What does One Step Update show when it finishes updating? Does it show 0 transactions downloaded, or is it showing something else?

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend following the steps in this article on what to do when you're missing transactions or transactions aren't downloading.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Kristina,

Thank you for addressing my issue with Fidelity NetBenefits. Neither of the two known issues you mention match mine.

In my case a call to the FI using either One Step Update or directly from the transaction register (both use Direct Connect) results in a status of "Complete" with no error indication. I do not have automatic entry selected for the account ("Automatic entry is: Off") yet new transactions do not appear in the "Downloaded transactions" window for the account. Neither do they appear in the "Security Detail View" of the relevant security. This includes reviewing the lists in case the dates were corrupted.

There are regularly - once a month - transactions from two securities but neither appear this month. The missing transactions were actually made on August 2nd as verified by accessing the FI's web site directly, bypassing Quicken.

In order to maintain an accurate data file, the transactions are recoverable by manually downloading a QIF file from the FI, but this is clearly a workaround - a Direct Connect to an FI should indicate an error if new transactions exist but are not downloaded directly into Quicken.

FYI, none of the conditions listed in your reference to (article) apply. I checked them all.

Thanks again,

Stu

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If the steps in the article did not correct the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Czechmate
    Czechmate Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a similar problem with Fidelity itself (not Net Benefits). I ended up fixing it by doing a File → Validate and Repair and then choosing the Validate File and Rebuild investing lots options.

In the report after the repair I found this line

Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "Fidelity Joint" 0/ 0/1900

My guess is that that one bad date was somehow causing the update not to work.

I suggest

1. Looking for a bad date in all of your Netbenefits/Fidelity accounts (I had several and none of the updated), and deleting/updating the date.
    2. Saving a back up and then running the Validate File and Rebuild

• Samuel T Brown
    Samuel T Brown Member ✭✭
    Options

Can we get an update on #10350672/CTP-7212, please? It's been almost a full month since the last update and well over a month since the issue was reported. There is no validate and repair in the Mac version although IMO, one is needed. In addition to this I have issues with my categories and have worked with support to no avail.

• Samuel T Brown
    Samuel T Brown Member ✭✭
    Options

Following up on my earlier comment: I found an entry in my Fidelity register removing all the Fidelity shares to zero the account out. It appears to be doing so because I correctly classify them as the actual security held while Fidelity is reporting another security in the download. Apparently what Fidelity reports in the download is an abbreviation of the name without a corresponding symbol. I could delete the transaction that zeros out the shares, but think it would just come back on the next download. Thoughts?

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Could I please remind you that the theme of this thread is about Fidelity NetBenefits - not Fidelity. They are two distinctly different FIs even though both operated by Fidelity Investments. I'm still trying to get an answer to the Fidelity NetBenefits issue with which I I started this thread.

• Samuel T Brown
    Samuel T Brown Member ✭✭
    Options

That is the website I am downloading from as well.

• Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken.

Please provide an update on Quicken's solution to re-enable transaction downloads from NetBenefits. We are now 6 months into this issue.

6 months is a long time to do daily manual downloads on multiple accounts. Please explain why this is taking so long.

Thank you.

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Again, yet another prompt on this issue. There has been no update nor any solution or workaround for months now. Could Quicken Kristina or some other person please respond with the status?

• g2morrow
    g2morrow Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

has Quicken even a acknowledged this issue??? I see tons of people complaining about it but don't see anything from Quicken. This is total [Removed - Language]

• Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The most annoying aspect of this issue is that when an OSU or transction update from the register is tried, the system appears to go through the connection process but doesn't detect any errors and reports "Complete". If an error was at least reported then you could check directly with the Fidelity Netbenefits site to see if there could have been any transactions. Seeing "Complete" leads to a false sense of security.

• Ryan7777777777
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP. I just realized that my Fidelity NetBenefits 401(k) account hasn't updated since July. There are no errors, just says 0 transactions when I update, even though there are absolutely transactions happening. Help!

• Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken @Kristina. Can we please get an update on this issue with Fidelity NetBenefits inability to download transactions?

• JBunch66
    JBunch66 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello community. I am not sure how everyone feels about this, but I expect better response from Quicken then what I have been seeing. I am trying to setup an existing 401k account, but this is what I get.

• dufish
    dufish Member ✭✭
    Options

Happy to report my Fidelity NetBenefits transactions downloaded into Quicken this morning all nice and accurately first time since July 2023. Thanks Quicken!

This discussion has been closed.