2023 budgeted amounts disappeared

Options
boolittlek
boolittlek Member ✭✭

When looking at my budgeted savings for August just now, the amount seemed off. I went back through the last few months and realized that the budgeted amounts I entered for every month of 2023 are now gone. I originally created my 2023 budget using 2022 budgeted figures. I made some initial adjustments when first creating the 23 budget, and I've continued to make adjustments throughout the year. Those adjustments are now all gone—the budgeted amounts for 22 and 23 are identical. Restoring from a backup doesn't solve this problem (and I know the problem wasn't present last month). Did the most recent update brick the budgets? Is there a way to fix this other than manually making the adjustments again?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @boolittlek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you have cloud sync on? You can check that by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

If Sync is on, try restoring from a backup again. If you get a prompt asking if you're just looking or if you want to sync, tell you you're just looking. Then check that newly restored file to see if your budget is back the way it should be.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• boolittlek
    boolittlek Member ✭✭
    Options

My daily backup didn't work, but when I restore to an automatic Quicken backup from 7/30, the budgeted amounts reappear. However, as soon as I run a one-step update for all the transactions since 7/30, the incorrect budgeted amounts return.

• boolittlek
    boolittlek Member ✭✭
    Options

After restoring again, I turned off the sync (this appears to be a recurrence of this issue:

). A few of my newer transactions downloaded, but not all, so I tried the full process again—this time nothing downloaded. After about an hour or restoring, updating, resetting accounts, signing out of Quicken and back in, and resetting again, my account balances and budgeted amounts are finally correct.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear everything is finally correct, although I'm sorry to hear it was such a hassle to get it working properly. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.