Transaction Download from Empower Retirement to Quicken for Windows - Known Issue

Options
RickLeFevre
RickLeFevre Member ✭✭✭

I was able to download my transactions into Quicken from my Prudential 401k through a weird backdoor for about 2 years. (the "######X#####X####" backdoor)

When Empower took over the 401k management from Prudential a number of months ago, the backdoor worked until just last week (August 1st 2023).

I called Empower and they said it is a known issue.

Comments

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Known issue since July 21st. Do a search and there is a master discussion thread as well as an alert.

The account number thing isn't a backdoor, it is a security measure that has been in use for many years by prudential (and now Empower). The instructions on their site tell you how to generate that account number and put it into Quicken. You will still need that once (if?) it gets fixed.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RickLeFevre,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We currently have an open Alert on Empower Retirement. While we do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved, you can review the details and follow the Alert for updates through this link here.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TruBlueLou
    TruBlueLou Member
    Options

Does anyone know if I start entering all my bi-weekly transactions manually, will it screw things up once this regular process gets fixed? Been about 6 weeks now that I haven't been able to download my 401(k) transactions from Prudential/Empower. Starting to pile up!

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've been doing it, should be fine - you'll likely get a bunch of "near match" transactions since often quicken calculates the share price a bit different.

The only thing to check is the "cash source", that is normally downloaded but if you enter manually you have to put it in yourself. I'm not sure if when it downloads and you "match" it if it will update that field or not. Just check your previously downloaded ones to see how it is categorized (mine does "other vesting" for employer match and "employee contribution" for my part) and do the same on the ones you enter manually.

This discussion has been closed.