Pershing via NetXInvestor Account Balance Issues

Options
krarkes
krarkes Member

I'm able to connect to Pershing via NetXInvestor to get account balances. I do understand that detail transaction level connection is not supported. I've searched the boards but couldn't anything around my issues.

I have two problems. The first is pretty simple and occurs all the time. For accounts that have bonds and/or treasuries, the share values aren't reflected/calculated appropriately for the linked Quicken account. It doesn't do the division of share amounts so my holdings are way overblown. Honestly, I've gone to delinking these accounts and just updating the balance monthly as things don't move too much or too fast. However, would be nice for the integration to work properly.

The second issue is that I will have other accounts vary significantly in their balance from one day to the next. The issue will hang around for awhile on the one account, go away, just to re-appear on a different account. For example, I have one account that has say $1 in it (that's correct). However, the next day it has $4 in it. A couple of days later it was back to the $1 and a different account was over-stated by a multiple.

The amounts are correct at Pershing so something in happening in Quicken or the integration between the two when fetching the account balances?

The amount of the swings make tracking in Quicken pretty useless. I still would really like to use Quicken as the aggregator across multiple custodians.

Any ideas on how to solve for this or a known bug that Quicken and Pershing are working on?

I am on Quicken for Mac 7.2.1.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @krarkes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when your balance within Quicken is incorrect or missing. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• krarkes
    krarkes Member
    Options

Thanks for the link. However the issue isn't with a running total of transactions in the register as the integration to Pershing only shows balances.

I did go over this further with my planner today and believe we've narrowed down the problem to how Quicken is reflecting Cash held in an account. For example, in Pershing I might have $50,000 in cash in an account. They show that as 30,000 shares at $1 per share. However, in Quicken, it is showing as 30,000 shares but the per share value isn't $1, it was about $50. So instead of accurately reporting it as $30,000 in Cash, Quicken shows it as $150,000 in cash.

• krarkes
    krarkes Member
    Options

Correction, have $30,000 in cash, not $50,000. I changed the example not to mislead that the problem might have something to do with the share balance. Simply, Quicken is showing the share price for cash being higher than $1 per share. Not sure where they are getting that from.

• krarkes
    krarkes Member
    Options

I figured this out. With Pershing, most cash is held in a short-term sweep account. However, when something is actually traded and I need cash in the account, the shares are sold in the sweep account and moved into something called U.S. DOLLARS CURRENCY. When that happens, Quicken used a security with the CUSIP "CASH" which actually is traded and is not $1 per share, 52 week range has been about $32 to $60. So for the day or two that something was in this CASH security while a trade was being settled it priced it not at what we all assume cash is at $1 per share but much higher. That is what was blowing up my over account and portfolio value on the days that larger trades were occuring.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @krarkes,

Thank you for providing more information and the steps you took to resolve the issue so that other users may find this thread.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.