Account always opens on an old transaction on Mac

Options
jwellsntr
jwellsntr Member
edited September 2023 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)

I've seen two other discussions on this, but those are closed.

I think I've resolved this issue. I have had the issue for months. Each time I open Quicken, it is on an old transaction. Then I have to hit Home to bounce to the top, or scroll around to find where I want to be.

To fix, instead of pressing CMD-Q to quit Quicken, I just closed it by clicking the red X in the upper-left corner.

When I did this, I noticed for the first time that were two other windows open that I was never seeing any other way. Apparently one of those windows was doing something with that old transaction.

So I closed both of those, then re-opened Quicken - All Good.

Then I pressed CMD-Q to quit Quicken. Reopened again - All Good.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jwellsntr Windows hidden behind the main, large Quicken window is a problem that hits many users. Even I, a longtime user who is aware of this, sometimes discover to my surprise that I left an account register or report open from days or weeks ago. I think the developers need to add some visual user interface element to alert users to windows open in the background. I created an Idea (product enhancement suggestion) for this. Please take a few seconds to click this link and add your vote by clicking the arrow under the vote counter in the yellow box.

That said, there's an easy way to periodically check to see if you have any open windows, without rearranging your screen: pull down the Window menu in Quicken; and open windows will appear at the bottom of the menu, under "Sync Errors".

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

One thing to keep in mind: clicking the red X on every window does not terminate Quicken. It just closes those display windows, but Quicken is still running and your database is still open. It is recommended to fully quit (Cmd-Q) Quicken when not using it to avert the albeit unlikely database corruption that could occur if your computer crashes while Quicken is open.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.