Usability: Cursor position, mouse position, copy and paste - User unfriendly!

Options
Steve Woodward
Steve Woodward Member ✭✭

Quicken for Windows (version independent), Windows 10 (but could be Windows 11)

I'm not sure if this should be a question or a discussion or a plea for a fix.

Cursor: Why is the cursor not where it belongs? First example: downloading transactions. I have an account that wants 2FA. When the dialogue pops up to ask how I want to authenticate, the cursor isn't in the drop down, so I have to click into the box and then make my selection. Next, a dialogue pops up so I can enter the code provided by my authentication choice. Once again, the cursor is nowhere to be found. Why? This is such a simple fix.

Cut and Paste: In the dialogue that pops up to accept the code, you can't paste the code in, you have to type it. That seems petty. If you could paste the code, you wouldn't care that the cursor isn't already in the field.

Mouse position: Last frustration (right now) Entering a new transaction and Quicken has saved a previous split that I don't need for this transaction. When I click on the "X" to "Clear all split lines for this transaction", a dialogue pops up "Clear all split lines?" but the mouse is still hovering over the "X". Why isn't it over one of the choices? (At least the default is "Yes" so you can just hit enter.)

This behavior has been consistent over many iterations of Quicken.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Steve Woodward,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You are not the only person who would like to see improvements to cursor focus. I would recommend following this link to add your vote and a comment to this existing idea post, or if it doesn't match up with the change you'd like to see, you can create a new idea post.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.