Reconcillation issues

Options
Denk
Denk Member ✭✭

How do I find out why Quicken wants to "adjust" my account when I reconcile? My ending balance and online balance have a difference of only $0.04 and Quicken wants to to adjust with approximately $2200.

I used the paper statement.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Denk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Quicken will recommend an adjustment any time that it sees the balance doesn't match what it should. When you reconcile, Quicken pulls up a reconcile window showing all Deposits on one side and all Payments/Checks on the other side, then showing a summary below. If Quicken is seeing a much bigger difference that what you see, you would need to review the transactions. Is there anything that should have a green checkmark by it, but doesn't? Do you have any uncleared transactions in your register that should be cleared? Do you have any checks that you have manually put into your register, but haven't cleared the bank yet? These are all things that can cause Quicken to see a bigger discrepancy.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Denk
    Denk Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I'll go back into the register and look

This discussion has been closed.