Projected Balances no longer showing warning icon for overdrafts

Options
GeoDosch
GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta

On the "Bills & Income" tab, "Projected Balances" sub-tab, if an account went into a negative balance within the display period, Quicken used to show a warning icon at the bottom (legend) to the left of the account name. Recently it stopped showing that, and now just shows the normal colored circle. This is especially bad when an account is overdrawn by only a few dollars, since it may not be obvious that the balance has gone below the zero line.

Quicken Premier Version R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12 on Windows 11 Home

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @GeoDosch,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Is this occurring in your main account or your Beta account?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GeoDosch
    GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Hi @Quicken Jasmine,

I tried to reproduce this error in both Production & Beta, and it's now working in both. The current build # on my Prod release hasn't changed since I reported it, so it's unlikely it changed due to an update. I first noticed it a couple of days prior to my initial report on 8/13, though it would only appear as a problem if I had an account that was about to go negative.

Sorry for the false alarm. If I see this issue again I'll make another report. But since we're on the topic of Projected Balances, there is a longstanding bug that has been reported many times on the Community site. When you click on one of the dots on that graph corresponding to an activity that changes the balance, there's a pop-up showing the starting balance, the item(s) that changed it, and the new balance. However, if the activity was a scheduled reminder that had been accepted into the register, the pop-up shows "Nothing scheduled for this period", even though the starting and ending balance differ.

When this was reported earlier, it was unknown why it would sometimes show correctly and sometimes not. But I've since discovered that it's entering the transaction into the register which is the difference.

Thank you!

-George

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @GeoDosch,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for providing more information.

I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.