Quicken program on desktop and laptop

Options
KimJohnston
KimJohnston Unconfirmed, Member

Can I have the quicken program on my laptop and desktop without having to repurchase the program, but being able to share the program and all data?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @KimJohnston,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question. 

While it is possible to share a data file on 2 computers by storing the data file in a location that is synced to a cloud-based drive, please be aware that we do strongly advise against doing so and advise restoring backups to move data between the two computers instead. 

The reason is that when data files are stored on external drives such as cloud-based drives, it puts your file at risk of data damage and/or data file corruption. If/when this happens, you will no longer be able to access your data or it can cause you to lose data over time. 

Please, refer to this support article for more information. Although the article does reference DropBox specifically, the content of the article does apply to all cloud-based services. 

Alternatively, you can sync your data to the Quicken Cloud and be able to see your data remotely via the Quicken Mobile App or on Quicken on the Web. Please see this support article for more information on the Quicken Cloud.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But you can install the Quicken program on all the computers you own including both Windows and Mac.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• KimJohnston
    KimJohnston Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

How do I install Quicken on both Computers without re-purchasing?

• volvogirl
    Options

What version do you have? You install it the same way that you installed it on the first computer.

Here's how to download Quicken if you bought it online directly from Quicken…

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

• volvogirl
    Options

This discussion has been closed.