Turn off Security Codes

Options

Is there a way to turn off security codes when I log into my account?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @FORBSTreasury,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Are you referring to two factor authentication when logging into Quicken? Is this happening only when logging into Quicken on the Web, or also happening when logging into the desktop version of your Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FORBSTreasury
    FORBSTreasury Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, the 2FA is what I am referring to. It does not happen every time on the desktop (I am okay with the desktop), but every time I use Quicken on the Web.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

There isn't really a way to turn it off, but there are a couple things that can reduce the odds of having the 2 factor authentication prompt come up:

Avoid using a VPN, since this may make it look like the request is coming from a different location and trigger extra security.

Check the security level of your browser; if its set too high, it may be blocking cookies that allow Quicken to recognize you.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• FORBSTreasury
    FORBSTreasury Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina Thank you for your replies. What does Quicken recommend multiple people within the same organization (located in different states) to gain access to Quicken on the Web? For example, I am the Treasurer. How would the Chairman of the Board and other Board members and members of the finance committee see what is going on in Quicken without having to bother one person with 2FA?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Currently, Quicken does not support the ability to have multiple phone numbers on file for multi factor authentication. It is a feature customers have requested and it may be implemented in the future. You can click on this link if you'd like to view the Idea thread and add your vote.

If the prompts are happening only on Quicken on the Web, then perhaps using the mobile app will work. If there is specific information people need to check for, then perhaps running reports with that information and placing those reports on a business shared drive would work.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• FORBSTreasury
    FORBSTreasury Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina .. Thank you for your response and help.

This discussion has been closed.