Fidelity Investments Download errors

Options
wcthomas01
wcthomas01 Member ✭✭

Fidelity and Fidelity Net Benefits has been giving error msg on downloads for several days. Am able to log into Fidelity via the Fidelity app with no problem. Have reset the Fidelity accts in quicken several times but still getting error msg with no code given.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please provide some more specifics:

• Is the error message the same for both Fidelity Investments and Fidelity Net Benefits or are they different?
    • What does the error message(s) say for each?
    • At the top left of the Account Registers, just beneath the Account Name, what does it show for the connection method and date/time of the last download?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Early Prejean
    Options

Having trouble with Fidelity Accounts downloading. Have reset accounts to no avail. Supposed to be able to download all accounts at one time according to Fidelity. Have both Fidelity and Netbenefits. Called quicken and Fidelity. Still having trouble. Reset accounts, deactivated them. Validate account, Super Validated account. Still having trouble.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You need to answer @Boatnmaniac's questions before we''d have enough info to held you

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    Options

During One Step Update, I see all of the Fidelity accounts show a message in red, "An error has occurred." Yet at the end of the One Step Update no errors are shown or error codes revealed. How am I supposed to troubleshoot this?! I was disappointed when the process reporting (Completed or Completed successfully) was listed after each account at the end of the One Step Update, but now with NO feedback, I'm really frustrated.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@"John Campbell", Please also answer @Boatmaniac's queations.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Eric_Leder
    Eric_Leder Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had same problem of transactions not downloading. I have found when I select Reconcile Shares from the action menu for the account, Quicken reports a share discrepancy, equal to the amount of shares that was supposed to be in the missing transaction(s). The Direct Connect is reporting the correct number of shares to my file, but not downloading the transaction. My work around is to select Place Holder from the Discrepancy Report and then go to the Place Holder entry and then click enter missing amount and then manually enter the transaction.

I am using Direct Connect with Windows Release R52.20.

• Silver Fox
    Silver Fox Member ✭✭
    Options

I run Quicken for Mac the most current release. The Fidelity download stopped working across all my brokerage, Annuity, and IRA accounts around 9/24/23. I have relinked my Quicken accounts to my Fidelity accounts and the same error occurred. Error messages are received across all accounts and are the same. The login ID and password are the same before and after the error occurred. During the login on the web (using the same login ID that's in Quicken), Fidelity does ask for a validation that "it's you" by either sending a text message to my iPhone of a six-digit code to be entered into the web app or asking you to login on the Fidelity app on the iPhone where you can validate your login. This process is not new, It has always worked with Quicken before. Perhaps this validation process is now causing the problem.

• Andy29
    Andy29 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also having the "Invalid Account Id" issue with my Fidelity accounts. This also started around 9/24. I think something may have changed at Fidelity?

• Andy29
    Andy29 Member ✭✭
    Options

I should have mentioned that this is on Quicken for Mac, not Windows. So they're both having the same issue.

• Andy29
    Andy29 Member ✭✭
    Options

I chatted with tech support and was able to fix the issue by disconnecting and reconnecting my accounts.

• rayseidlinger
    Options

I have started having same problem getting a message an error has occured. I have deactived, have reset the account with no fix. How do I begin to fix when there is no message on why the error, no error code nor instruction on how to address?

• westae
    westae Member
    Options

Is there some way that we can get resolutions, or status for errors like this? Once again, I cannot connect to Fidelity Investments. The entire reason I have Quicken is so I can better track and manage my portfolio, yet with each new release, more and more linkages break and are harder to recover. Most recently, I get messages to "Please wait for 24 hours and try again updating…". How many 24-hour windows does one need to spend? Messages like "Sorry, Quicken was unable to connect with this password" are unhelpful! How about an actual error, or a cause, or better-yet, a remedy? Come-on you folks have tons of smart people, let's fix this! I've been a devout user since version 1 but you've taken us on quite a journey. Please take the bumps out. I need stable more than I need more bells and whistles. Features only matter after the base actually works.,

• PNW246
    PNW246 Member
    Options

Once again my Fidelity 403(b) accounts are messed up. I use Quicken for Mac .I've tried every solution mentioned in the chats. It all came back for a short while in August, then one account zero-ed out, and the other dropped some data. Then they both zeroed out. Now the smaller one is back and my larger retirement account is zero. I double check Fidelity each time just to be safe and it's all there. Frankly at this point it's just depressing. I've use Quicken for more than 30 years, and I have never had such a horrible experience. Ironically, I've always felt that using Quicken and staying on top of my finances was a stress-reliever, so that I always knew where I stood. Now I dread logging in because it's one more annoying hassle that never gets fixed. Just fix it.

• jdschachte
    jdschachte Member ✭✭
    Options

OL-220-A 8 accounts.

This failure only began about 2-3 weeks ago. Never had a problem before that. I too reset all fidelity accounts, and it worked one time. now the failure is back again.

When can we expect a fix for this quick issue?

This discussion has been closed.