American Express download authorization issue

Options
jd1254
jd1254 Member

I am running Quicken for for Mac version 7.2.1 on Mac OS ver 13.4.1. Recently Quicken and American Express resolved some issue that required us to re-authorize American Express for downloading transactions. Ever since that update went into effect, I have to re-authorize American Express to download transactions every time I run the download command. Each time I do this, it works. But I don't think Quicken intends for me mohave to re-authorize American Express every time I run the download command. It is also noted that my wife has an American Express card and any transactions on that card hit my card. Don't know if that is a factor in the problem, just noting it.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jd1254,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with American Express? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly is occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jd1254
    jd1254 Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I think I might know what is causing this. I will try this remedy before responding to your questions. It may actually be running correctly.

• jd1254
    jd1254 Member
    Options

Ok I fixed the issue. I had a hidden account for my wife's AMEX card. She never uses the card, except in emergencies. Any transaction on her card hits my AMEX card. Once I knew that, I simply hid the account with a zero balance. But when I re-authorized the AMEX connection, it apparently sees an active (but hidden) account under my wife's name. I would need my wife to authorize her card for the download to work properly. Solution: I just deleted the my wife's account from Quicken and I get no error message. Sorry for the confusion.

This discussion has been closed.