Quicken is Dropping Quote/Price from Securities Seemingly at Random

Options
James J
James J Member ✭✭✭

Premier Quicken for Windows 11 Home

Version: R51.12

Build: 27.1.51.12

1. Go to register for a brokerage account (account has only CDs and bonds, total of about 20x)
  2. Click "holdings"
  3. For seemingly random bonds/CDs, Quicken will drop the Quote/Price. There simply is no value. All other values are properly updating.

I can resolve this easily by manually entering the current quote/price.

What gives with this? lol Is it me or is this a known bug? It's causing the value of my portfolio to drop at random, sometimes by quite a lot when a Quicken decides to zero out a number of securities at the same time.

This is only happening with one of two Quicken files that have brokerage accounts. And this is only happening with the CDs and bonds in the problem Quicken file.

It's been happening for months, maybe even almost a year.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @James J,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Which financial institution is this occurring with?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looking at the price history records for any such security … (Rt-click on the security name and choose Price History)

Is the price there at some point, then gone later?

Or is it that there are days left out with no price? (I think not what you are describing)

Or is it that some days have $0 as the closing price for that day?

I presume you are downloading data from the financial institution to first get this info. Related- I presume the price history info is only showing “Price” and not high, low, volume values. Correct?

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just in case my first question is not clear, I am asking if at some point you see a valid price for a given day, and then later for that same date, you see a different price or no price.

Also, do any of these problem securities have tickets assigned to them?

This discussion has been closed.