Transaction attachments (receipt photos) are corrupted

Options
LarryR
LarryR Member

Hello all.

I'm running Quicken R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12 through Parallels 18.3.2 in Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on a Macbook Pro M2 (macOS Ventura 13.4.1 C). I've been running Windows Quicken in this manner for 10 years and I've never had a problem.

Now, when I go to view a .jpeg receipt attachment by clicking on the transaction paperclip, the thumbnail photo pops up fine. I click on the vertical (…) in the bottom right of the attachment window, select "View/Open", and my attachment opens in Preview…except the photo is corrupted, with a receipt-sized blank gray image, sometimes with part of the correct image as a component of the gray box.

This is occurring with every transaction attachment. Any ideas? On my old Macbook Pro (2014), same general Quicken/Parallels/Windows 10 suite, the images present properly.

Any ideas, anybody? I'm at my wit's end! Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Larry R,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LarryR
    LarryR Member
    Options

Hi Kristina.

My suspicion is it has to do with running Quicken Win through a Parallels VM Windows 11 installation on an new Macbook with the M2 chip. I've been messing with it since I got my new machine, since it was never right. No out-of-the-ordinary blips with the new computer like you detailed, it was never right from the get-go.

So I punted. It gave me a chance to finally tell Windows bye-bye for good, which has been a long time coming.

I downloaded Quicken Mac, installed it, migrated my data, and spent a bunch of time (don't go there, it was hours and hours) reorganizing, adding/subtracting and sizing columns, general setup, and reattaching all my receipts and what-not to my transactions. Once you get in a flow it wasn't bad.

QM is significantly different from QW; I've been using Quicken since about 1989 so I'm pretty good at the Win version, and it's just going to take some time to spin up with finding out where everything is. Some quirks (the thing where it memorizes EVERY entry in the Action column, which you can't delete or it deletes that action in the original transaction really bothers me. I use that column (formerly Check #) for bill-pay confirmation numbers so I have like 5000 of them now instead of a drop-down list with my presets, and it didn't memorize anything else put in that field unless I manually added it. That's just one, but I'll adapt.

I miss the two-line transaction entry also. Again, I'll adapt.

I'm sure I'll be much happier with QM on a Mac once I get up to speed.

Thanks for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for coming back with a follow up. I'm sorry to hear that running Quicken for Windows on Parallels never quite worked right. If you do need help figuring out how to do things in Quicken for Mac, feel free to post on the Community. Additionally, we do have a Product Improvement section of the Community where you can post Ideas on how to improve Quicken and vote on Ideas. For example, you mentioned that you miss 2 line entry. There are quite a few QMAC users who would also like 2 line/row display. You can click here if you'd like to review the Idea and add your vote.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.