Home and business invoice tax tracking - or lack of.

Options
CDCGlover
CDCGlover Member
edited September 2023 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

Hello. I know this question has been asked before but none of the answers help me. I have windows 10 with Canadian Quicken Home and Business R40.28. I've been trying to set up tax tracking for invoices and cannot get it to work. Here are the parameters:

1. There is a "Sales Tax" account and I have set up the correct tax percentage.
  2. I have the sales tax option selected on the invoice form and it does show up on the form, just not on the invoices themselves.
  3. On created invoice there is no menu selection at the bottom to select a new or any other kind of tax. The option just does not exist.
  4. I have created a new item, but there was no option to select "tax" on its form.

I am out of ideas. Hopefully somebody out there knows what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @CDCGlover,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. On the invoice form, are you seeing the "T" in the tax column (to the right of Amount)? Does all of the tax information look correct on the invoice form?

This Community Post is fairly old, but it does mention a step that isn't included in the Help article. If you haven't already done this, I would recommend following the recommendation in this Community Post:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CDCGlover
    CDCGlover Member
    Options

Hi Kristina.

i did read this thread before and found it useful for my own troubleshooting. I was able to change the rates for the tax as explained in the thread, but although there is a column for it in the invoice the “T” does not appear at the top and there is no tax information. In addition the option to select it does not appear as shown in the bottom of the invoice either. It looks normal in the invoice form with the tax column and tax summary box at the bottom, however neither appear in the invoice itself.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.