Having trouble importing a range of transactions via QFX. Help?

Options
Jamba90
Jamba90 Member

on Build R51.12. 54 days before membership expires.

I noticed one of my accounts at First Tech Federal Credit Union has a gap of dates that didn't download from 10/7/20 to 2/5/21. I exported the transactions to a QFX file and attempted to open it via both double clicking and importing from the file menu.

• The first few times it would open and ask to launch One Step Update, which it did. Then it would give me an error that it couldn't find any of my bank accounts at that bank, feeding me the errors 1x1 for each of 4 accounts, as I clicked thru them.
  • I closed Quicken, redownloaded the file and tried again. These times it would only show the windows 'working' circle, then stop and do nothing.

Has anyone encountered this issue and have a suggested workaround?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jamba90,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin, please save a backup of your data file (just in case).

To start with, I suggest that you first deactivate the account from any automatic download connection that might still be set up as this can sometimes cause a QFX file to be blocked from being imported. Then, attempt to import and link the QFX file after the account has been deactivated, and then reactivate the automatic online connection after. To do so, please follow the steps below.

To deactivate the account

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Make sure to Show Hidden Accounts, if that option is available.
    3. Click Edit next to the affected account(s).
    4. Go to the Online Services tab and click Deactivate.

To reactivate the account

1. Download and import the bank (.qfx) file as you normally would
    2. Click Link to an existing account, then choose the account nickname from the drop-down menu.
    3. Click Import

After that, you will need to deactivate the account again as you did before and to reactivate the automatic connection, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jamba90
    Jamba90 Member
    Options

Thanks for this. My bank's website has gone down, but i've executed the first part of the instructions thru step 4. When the website is backup, I will execute the rest and report back if this worked.

This discussion has been closed.