Report Acct order

Options
volvogirl
volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I have Q2013 on Windows. I just renamed and reordered some of my CD accounts. I added the maturity date to the name and resorted them on the account bar in date order. But when I select them to get a report the customize account list is in alphabetical order not the same as my account bar. Can I get it to match the account bar order? Do you need screen shots?

Like I have:
CD 1-21-24
CD 5-13-24
CD 2-2-25

But it shows in report with the last one 2-2-25 as second. Is the only way to change the way I enter the date? Hmmm I guess I could add something to the end of CD, like CDx. I'll try that.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe try renaming accounts to CD yyyy-mm-dd format, e.g., CD 2025-02-02.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    Options

Ok I figured out to add a 1, 2, 3 to end of CD. It wouldn't let me add 2 spaces after CD to trick it.

CD1 1-21-24
    CD2 5-13-24
    CD3 2-2-25

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you get to CD10, it is going to show up between CD1 and CD2. Doing YMD as suggested by mshiggins should prevent that.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    Options

I am an accountant but early on wanted to be a librarian (before computers) and know to add leading zeros like CD01, CD02, CD03 etc. Don't think I'll ever have 10 or more CDs at a time at the same bank. I didn't show the full name starting with the bank like WFB CD1.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One has to understand that the sorting a program like Quicken is going to use for this is "ASCII".

One character at a time starting with the most first/left most character. Lower number (first column) first, as in + will be sorted before 0.

This why the best format for a date is YYYY-MM-DD. (and yes, means using zeros, so that 02 comes before 10).

(The second column is the same number as the first column, but in hexadecimal)

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trying to remember the last time I saw the word "ASCII"! 7 bits!

I am of the generation that had to know ASCII for assembly coding. EBCDIC confounded me.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

EBCDIC confounded me.

That is because it was created by IBM and they loved to make everything more complicated than it needed to be. DEC was famous for that too. 😉

These days most people just say non-Unicode, and most of the time that means ASCII at least for the US.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.