One Step Update - Fails and locks up

Options

Something changed with Capital One and Quicken! I can pull from cap One and update but OSU fails consistently. When will they fix the problem? Maybe Microsoft has a better idea.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Relayrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to update?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    Options

Not sure about RelayRick, but I don't get an error message or code. Rather, I get the screen that says OneStep Update Complete (for CapitalOne), but there are no transactions listed. In other words, OSU thinks it has done its job, but it hasn't. I'm running R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12 on Windows 11 Enterprise. This has been going on for about a week.

Perhaps coincidentally, or perhaps not, this has been going on with several of my credit cards. I know there's an ongoing issue with Kohl's, and Comenity seems to produce a CC-501 on a monthly basis (perhaps related to bill-closing time). But it's also happening with Chase and Amex, both of which I have reset.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @essman54,

Thank you for joining the discussion. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend following the directions in this article about when transactions are missing or not downloading to troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, as a long-term user, I've done all those things.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next troubleshooting step for those missing transactions is to backup your file, then log out of Quicken. You can do this by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, then clicking on the Sign in as a different user link.

Type "yes" in the confirmation window, then click the Sign Out button. Quicken will log you out, then bring you back to the login screen. Before logging back in, close out of Quicken completely and leave the program closed for 10 seconds. Then, re-open Quicken, log in, and run One Step Update. This process clears out the cache, so the One Step Update will likely take longer than usual. Once the One Step Update finishes, check to see if any of the missing transactions downloaded.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    Options

That seems to have helped—Thanks! Now let's get the Kohl's business done!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that helped with the missing transactions.

The Kohl's issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, if you haven't already done so, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10378221/CTP-7332)

Quicken Kristina

• sharpo367
    sharpo367 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

This has been ongoing since Aug.2023

• Wren
    Wren Member
    Options

When this happens (Quicken freezes), I use alt+ctrl+del to invoke the task manager. Then I end the quicken Task, wait a couple of minutes, restart, and go back to what I was trying to do in Quicken. Pretty much always works.

R, longtime Q user Windows

• sharpo367
    sharpo367 Member ✭✭
    Options

When is Quicken going to work with Kohls to fix the problem?????

This discussion has been closed.