Dashboard blank, bills disappeared

Had something odd happen when I tried to skip and paycheck that was already entered, now dashboard is blank, and all bill reminders disappeared. Try validate, super validate, reinstall. Same result. Tried my best to validate and remove all online bills. Same result. Loaded a month old backup, seems okay their.

Did I just loose a months worths of data?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @dschroder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. From what you are describing, it sounds like either Quicken defaulted to a new, blank file, or perhaps you accidentally opened a blank file. One way to check for that is, in your Quicken, go to the File menu option. Near the bottom, you will see a list of the most recent Quicken files you have been in (with the file in the #1 spot being the one you are currently in).

If you were just in the wrong file, then you should be able to find the correct file (as long as it is one of the 4 most recent files you've been in) this way.

You can also select the Find Quicken Files… option if you wish to search your C drive or any other drive you may store Quicken files on.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• No, it's not a blank file. My accounts are all still there and update.

All my online and manual bills have disappeared from the bills tab

The still appears in the "bill and income reminders" window

and my "dashboard" looks like this

I'd say it looks broken. I removed all my credit card and utility bills from the "bill and income reminder" window… only have mortgage and paychecks left. It appears to be broken. I don't want to continue using this file in case it is hopeless corrupted.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You said that the "current data file" is broken.
    You restored a month-old backup which, you said, "seems to be OK".
    Do you have any backups taken within this last month? To reduce the amount of lost transaction data … if you can find a more recent backup, one that was taken before the problem first appeared, and restore that file, you might have less data loss.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

This discussion has been closed.