Anyone having problems connecting to Costco Citi Visa? (Q Mac)

Options
floydfan
floydfan Member ✭✭

I can no longer connect to Costco Visa. I ended up retyping my credentials but I keep getting a message asking if I typed my credentials incorrectly. I went on to the website and everything was fine there. I even tried changing my password on the website, but when I returned to Quicken and tried the new password I still could not connect my account. I sent an error report to Quicken to see if they can figure it out, but in the meantime, if anyone else has this problem, let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @floydfan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

After further internal review, I can see that you are experiencing an FDP-103 with your Costco Citi account. A 103 error is displayed when there are outdated login credentials stored in Quicken for Mac and/or the Keychain app. 

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information and some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm not having a problem with my Costco Visa.

One problem I have had in the past when changing passwords is that it can sometimes take a while for that change to completely propagate through a bank's computer systems. I have one bank account where if I change the password I need to wait several hours before trying to reconnect Quicken; even though the bank's web portal accepts the new password immediately, there's a delay before it will work with Quicken. A couple times I've forgotten that & wound up locked out of my account until I called the bank.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Jasmine I tried this and it did not work. I reported it to Quicken through the support link in the desktop Mac app. I even contacted Citi for tech support and they said there were no problems on their end and I should reach out to Quicken. It must be something on your end. Also having the same problem with Kohl's credit cards.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you trying to connect your accounts using the Citi Cards financial institution name?
    And are you selecting Direct Connect as the connection method while setting up the connection?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @floydfan,

Thank you for providing more information.

If the troubleshooting steps located in the Support Article do not assist in reaching a resolution, then we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Wow, that was the problem. I was using the Costco Visa FI name and only Quicken Connect was available. When I used Citi, a dialog box came up instructing me to validate on the data management page on their site. After doing that, it connected right away. THANK YOU!

This discussion has been closed.