One Nevada Credit Union

Options
bbyepub
bbyepub Member ✭✭

I have been playing go between with Quicken Support and the support team at One Nevada Credit Union for two months now with no resolution. I even had them on the phone at the same time with both phones on speaker so that they both could hear each other make the accusation that issue was on the other side. Having now had some very good dialog with a support agent from One Nevada, I am convinced it is Quicken's issue. Their authentication API (the message they send to the financial institution) does not include the correct institution ID for One Nevada Credit Union. This is causing the first error (see attached screenshot).

The second error occurs because of the API message Quicken uses to process the two factor authentication is either adding additional digits, or is corrupting the code sent to it from the institution. Quicken claims that they don't generate the code or send it, but the text message received is from Intuit EWC. This would indicate that their API receives the code from the financial institution and relays it back to the user (see the attached screenshot of the text message received). You will notice that the message has eight digits when the financial institution only requires, six digits, and reports they only send six digits via their two-factor authenticator. I believe this because they use the same authentication application for ALL connections, and Quicken seems to be the only third-party vendor that is having this issue. Also you will notice that the message is generated by Intuit EWC — it says so in the message itself. The support staff at One Nevada reported that the number that is sending the message is not the number that sends their two-factor authentication codes.

Has anyone else had any luck with a resolution to this issue? Any pointers? My previous discussion was closed and marked as answered, but it certainly hasn't been answered. I am so frustrated at this point I am looking for other options so that I can get away from Quicken. Since migrating to Quicken, it has been nothing by headache, glitches and trouble and they don't seem to care that their software doesn't work. It is easier to just point the finger in the other direction rather than to do the work to ensure their software delivers on the functionality they promise.

[Edited - Personal Information Removed]

Comments

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    Options

I am not sure why someone redacted the codes in my screen shot above. The codes are expired, and can't be used without the other authentication criteria. The point of including the screen capture was to show that the code being sent back is eight digits and not the six digits required by the financial institution. Plus, it is not supposed to be a "password", the financial institution issues a six-digit "code" that is used for two-factor authentication. Please leave the codes as displayed. I am hoping someone can shed some light on why Intuit is sending an incorrect code.

• bbyepub
    bbyepub Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

UPDATE:

I signed up for a Intuit [Removed - 3rd Party Software] account and I was able to quickly add my One Nevada Credit Union accounts. Interestingly, the two-factor authentication code that was sent to me during the process of adding my accounts was sent by the same number "226563" and also stated that "This is your Intuit EWC One Time Password" (even though it isn't a "password"). The code that was sent was eight digits and it worked just fine for adding my One Nevada Credit Union accounts. [Removed - Inaccurate]

• JohnnyVegas
    Options

I had the same situation until about 2-3 weeks ago when Quicken could log in to my One Nevada account without needing a code and my transactions downloaded. It was a fantastic thing to download my account info, my wife and I have two separate accounts. However, it was too good to be true because everything came crashing down about a week ago when all of a sudden Quicken was unable to get anything. I get the Error code, login/password are not correct. However, when I log in via the website I have no problems. Ugh!

• JohnnyVegas
    Options

Just checking in to see if anyone else can no longer download any info from One Nevada to Quicken? I keep getting the it's not your fault error for last week now. This is frustrating considering we are paying for a service that doesn't work the majority of the time.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10376429/CTP-7324)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rich-Vegas
    Rich-Vegas Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem started when Quicken removed the DC (Direct Connect) linkage in May. After months dealing with QUICKEN Level 1 & 2 techs, in July DC was added back to Quicken methods of linkage and all was good for about 2 weeks. Then QUICKEN removed DC for some reason??? Have requested it back repeatedly for the last couple of months - and nothing not even a reply to trouble reporting.

This discussion has been closed.