Tangerine Invalid Wareki year. Script Error ( Tangerine is a Canadian bank )

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta

This is the error I am getting

Care Code: FDP-163

Details:
CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
Invalid Wareki year. Script Error

I read somewhere that Quicken needs to update the link with the FI ( Tangerine )

as the FI has switched service provider ( if that post is accurate )

Comments

• marcdube
    marcdube Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here since yesterday. Quicken on MAC, Tangerine Bank, CP_SCRIPT_ERROR (FDP-163)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gilles9 and @marcdube,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

When Quicken's financial data platform (FDP) is unable to connect to your bank account for recent transaction information, you’ll receive a message with one of these errors in the program. This is usually caused on the bank’s end — Quicken is blocked from connecting to the account. 

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gilles9 and @marcdube,

We do now have an active alert regarding an FDP-163 error message with Tangerine Bank. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gilles9
    Options

Thanks

• monksohm
    monksohm Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue

• sbergmann
    sbergmann Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

Getting the same issue, tried to disconnect QuickenConnect and download QFX from the bank but Quicken is blocking me from doing that. WHY?

• Gilles9
    Options

Yes I do not like the fact that when a bank is available for Quicken Connect, we cannot use QFX downloads instead

Quicken should allow either one manner, Quicken connect AND QFX downloads

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023
    Options

I use Web Connect with several banks that are also using Quicken Connect, so Quicken doesn't have a policy of only supporting one or the other. Banks can decide to drop support for individual connection methods, and that might be the case here since fidir.txt indicates no support by Tangerine for Web Connect.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• sbergmann
    sbergmann Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

Tangerine provides the QFX download so I don't see why they would be the culprit here.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023
    Options

QFX downloads might just be built into the web site software that the bank is using & they haven't bothered to turn it off. Or maybe Tangerine doesn't want to pay whatever fee Quicken charges for Web Connect but intentionally provides the file download for other programs that could use it.

I see a lot of banks in the list that do provide both Web Connect & Quicken Connect but I also see a lot of banks that only provide Quicken Connect; there are also banks that only do Web Connect but there seem to be a lot fewer of them. So I don't see any reason to automatically assume that it's unintentional on the banks part. If you feel it's an error you might want to contact the bank to confirm that they still support Web Connect & let them know it's no longer working so they can pursue getting it fixed from their end.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Gilles9
    Options

Fixed, thanks

This discussion has been closed.