Manual Bill Reminders Being Changed [skipping occurrences]

Options
watchtower918
watchtower918 Member ✭✭

I am using Windows Quicken version R51.12 build 27.1.51.12.

I enter a lot of my recurring bills and income reminders manually to see the budget projections into the future. Over the last couple of months, every time I update my accounts, Quicken removes the next occurrence of a couple of bills or income reminders.

So for instance, I have a manually entered monthly bill that is next scheduled for September 18. When I update my accounts, it deletes the September occurrence, so the next occurrence is in October. I have to go in and edit the series, and it's good until I update my accounts. The bills/income reminders that are affected are random and it's only a couple of them.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @watchtower918,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• watchtower918
    Options

Hello Kristina,

My file is saved on the C drive, and I do occasionally sync to Quicken Mobile/Cloud. For the most part, it is not checked when I update.

Here is a screenshot of one bill prior to updating:

Here's a screenshot of that same bill immediately after updating my account:

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, this is randomly happening to bill reminders after you run One Step Update, and most of the time, you are not syncing to the Cloud when performing this update?

Are the skipped reminders showing up in your account register, or are they just gone until you edit the applicable reminders to make them reappear? When you edit the reminders to get them to reappear, do those same reminders disappear again when you run One Step Update, or is it random whether they disappear again or not?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• watchtower918
    Options

Hi Kristina,

My apologies for the delay in response.

Yes, it is only happening randomly to bill reminders after I run a One Step Update. I have not synced to the Cloud for a few months or so.

The skipped reminders are not showing up in the account register, but rather are just gone until I edit them. When I edit them, they disappear again after I run a one step update.

To fix the problem, I deleted the current two reminders that are being skipped, and recreated them. That seems to have fixed those two, but I've done that before an inevitably a new/different reminder will start skipping. Sure enough, another income reminder that I have setup is now skipping the September occurrence.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• watchtower918
    Options

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.