Unable to download from USAA

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to download USAA accounts.

Comments

• SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

similar issue but not the same. I can go to USAA and see the transactions for the day. When I sync it will show syncing but it won't download the transactions. The syncing is irregular, one day it may work at 7am pacific, and the next day it won't sync all day although it appears to. Somedays it pulls down only part of the items, and I have to manually mark the others. Some days if I do that a day later it will download them again. Frankly I have turned off automatic renewal for Quicken and built a spreadsheet that works fine. If I have to go to USAA, Golden1 etc manually I might as well do the accounting manually too. [Removed - Rant]

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options

I get no error messages when I select Update Now for my USAA account, and get what shows as a successfull connection and download, yet get nothing downloaded. Earlier today after running One Step Update on the eight financial institutions I do daily, and getting no errors, but not getting any downloads either, I knew there should be transactions on USAA that had not downloaded, so I signed in and manually entered transactions for 8/24, through yesterday. Not a single one of them had been downloaded. I have been having to do this for quite some time. No errors or reports of failure, but no downloads when there should be. Most of last year it was similar with Penfed, but the last posted transaction with them had downloaded successfully. It took many months to get a resolution, then and every week there was a posting the Q was working on it, but had no solution. Hope it is not the same for USAA this year. Can we get feedback from Q into the discussion from Users, rather than the updates that are not associated with the problems we are having and can't be responded to by the users?

• MaryGreen
    MaryGreen Member
    Options

I have this same issue with USAA. I get no error messages when I select Update Now for my USAA account, yet get nothing downloaded. I see on the USAA website that the transactions are there, but there is no download from USAA into Quicken. This has been happening since 8/24/23.

• amkoppelman
    Options

My USAA issue is a bit different -ever since Quicken asked that we reauthorize the connection with USAA, (3-4 months ago), I'm compelled to reauthorize the USAA connection each time I use the Online tools to update my transactions. I checked with USAA, and my settings authorizing Quicken access are correct. Is this a new security requirement?

• Ron Varley
    Ron Varley Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having very similar problems, and it is intermittent. I seem to do better when using my laptop vs desktop even though both are running Windows 10 and same latest update. Not sure what gives on that. When I try to update to USAA vis One Step Update it usually downloads nothing even though there are completed transactions, which I can see when I do online to my bank account via a browser. This same thing happens with an American Express Account, both are set up as Express Web connect + . I have recently found if I update USAA or American Express directly from the accounts transaction view by going to the gear icon in the upper right corner and selecting the lightning bolt icon for Update now, then I may get transactions downloaded or cleared. I have read some financial institutions that have gone to Express Web connect + also allow account holders to go back to Direct Connect, not sure if USAA or American Express will. Also do not know how this would be done.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options

Just for kicks, after again failure of USAA to download (without error message), I deactivated my Q access to my USAA accounts, then reactivated them. Downloaded thousands of transactions (several years worth) including the one transaction that was posted yesterday, but had not been downloaded. Do I have to do this every time? Is this a Quicken created problem, or an Intuit issue, or a financial institution issue? And why does it take months to resolve only to return again?

• fredaa
    fredaa Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Since it's happening with one of my five accounts with USAA, I'm manually entering credit card transactions into that account. This is not right and I wish there were an alternative to Quicken. I've used Quicken since its inception and as the years go by I'm becoming more frustrated with the program.

• jdcorey
    jdcorey Member
    Options

Same issue here. Nothing has been downloaded from USAA in months, even though I have reauthorized for Express Web Connect+.

When I Deactivate my USAA accounts in Q, and then reauthorize, thousands of transactions are then downloaded from the last several years (as noted in the Successfully Connected USAA dialogue), but no online transactions are there to accept..

• MassDaughter
    Options

As with experience of others above, have reauthorized for EWC+, but can no longer download my CC transactions from the USAA site. Similarly, when I log into USAA directly and try to Export transactions, the link to Quicken download no longer works. Screengrab below. Using Search on USAA site for QXF draws a blank, and Chat directs you to a page that says go search support on Quicken.

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options

Have no clue where to locate Help > Report a problem. How about offering a complete link or instructions where this can be found?

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options

Or is it in Quicken, proper?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @garysmith,

Thank you for joining the discussion. It is in your Quicken program.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.