Editing paychecks seems broken

Options

Previously when clicking on Edit this and all future instances of a paycheck, we could edit it in the same categorized look and feel as when entering a paycheck. Now it brings up "Edit Income Reminder" with Details: Category:Split. Clicking on this brings up XYZ Paycheck Category —Split— which you have to click on the split arrow, which brings up a list of Split Transaction categories which are not self-explanator (such as offsetting employer match transactions). Please fix this.

Comments

• Mike Harris
    Mike Harris Member ✭✭
    Options

Also, when I enter a paycheck from the Bill and Income Reminders in my checking account and make the necessary changes because I can't edit future instances, it does not recognize that what I entered matches the reminder, so I then have to skip this instance.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Mike Harris,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To troubleshoot the issue from your first post, go to Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders and look in the All Bills & Deposits tab. In the Method column, what does it show?

If it is showing anything other than Paycheck, that indicates Quicken is no longer seeing that reminder as a Paycheck reminder. If that is what is happening, then the only resolution is to restore a backup from before the problem started.

The issue in your second post is a known issue. We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(QWIN - 22541)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mike Harris
    Mike Harris Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for showing me how to tell if Quicken thinks it's a paycheck or not. Neither of my paychecks are showing paycheck, so it must have broken at some point. I'll recreate them and try again.

• kristenholt
    kristenholt Member ✭✭
    Options

OK - but when I tried to recreate the paycheck, it deleted every paycheck for the year, so I had to restore from a backup. I can't do that now, it has been too many months since the issue.

• kristenholt
    kristenholt Member ✭✭
    Options

@Mike Harris were you able to recreate your paycheck successfully? Did you have to leave the old one in there and keep skipping it? When I deleted mine it deleted every entry for the year (or maybe more), so I couldn't recreate it.

This discussion has been closed.