schwab download starts failing silently & can't reconnect this time

Options
fdragan
fdragan Member, Windows Beta Beta

Hello,

I have been having more and more problems with qwin over the last year, but I will restrict myself to one in this post. I have a premier subscription and use qwin via Parallels on a mac.

I was in the initial batch of people transferred from TD Ameritrade to Schwab. I was able to connect to Schwab the new way (forget what ti's called, web connect+?) and was all set up. The last three months, the Schwab download has started to fail silently. It appears to update, the status window shows all the right things, etc, but it doesn't actually work. I have a monthly auto invest, and these transactions don't get downloaded, so I attempt to reconnect when I reconcile. The previous two times, I was able to reestablish all the download connections by turning it off on a single account and then starting the reconnect over on that one account, and it made all of them download again. Just resetting the connections did not work.

THIS month, I can't reconnect it. The account I picked to fully disconnect doesn't show up in the "link to this account" menu. I tried validating my file. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting a different schwab account, which did work, but did not coax back the connection for all accounts. I deleted the account number field in the account edit window. I deleted the financial institution. I've quit and reopened the program at various point in the process.

So I guess I have two questions. How do I re-link my previously linked Schwab account? And how do I keep from it happening again?

Thanks for your help.

quicken user since 199<mumble>, currently qwin via parallels

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @fdragan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Usually, if the nickname is not showing up in the dropdown when trying to link your account, that means either its the wrong account type or that nickname is already connected to a different account in your Quicken.

You can check to see if it already thinks that account is connected by going to Tools>Account List, then looking in the Transaction download column for that account. If you see the word "yes", then it thinks its connected.

If it thinks the account is connected, you would need to backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account, then reconnect it by going to Tools>Add Account, and following the prompts (being careful to make sure everything gets linked back up correctly).

If it is showing you an incorrect account type on the Add/Link screen, then try setting the action dropdown to Add and see if it will let you change to the correct account type. If it does, then after you've chosen the correct type, go back to the action column and see if it will now let you link it to the correct name in your Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fdragan
    fdragan Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

when i do those steps, the account is not in the drop down list of accounts to connect. even when i remove the account number and financial institution, it still doesn't show up.

these steps you give did used to work, but the account used to be in the drop down list, and now it is not

why does it lose connection so often anyway? is there a bug i can follow to know when it's fixed?

why does it pretend it's still connected instead of alerting me that it's lost connection?

quicken user since 199<mumble>, currently qwin via parallels

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.