One Step Update setup & Apply - not sticking (edit)

Options
greenes
greenes Member ✭✭

In onestep update, if I want to download/update several accounts, I used to be able to check the ones I want (or All) and Apply that setting, so that onestep update would remember the choices on subsequent days. But for several months now, the Apply button does nothing - it never remembers the setting.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @greenes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are you receiving any error messages when performing a One Step Update? When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• greenes
    greenes Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been continuing for several months, despite doing all the software updates and sending feedback on the issue three different times after it was not fixed on an update. The Apply button in the onestep update selection dashboard basically does nothing.

There are no error messages, just the non-function of the Apply button.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Apply button is supposed to save the selections you just made.
    But it's been my experience that you have to run a One Step Update ("Update Now") for the changes to really stick.
    If you Close after Apply, the changes are not saved.

• greenes
    greenes Member ✭✭
    Options

The changes made are not saved with the Apply button at all. The selections made are only remembered for the current Onestep Update session, but not again, which works even without selecting Apply — so the Apply button does NOTHING.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    • Run both Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• greenes
    greenes Member ✭✭
    Options

I did these steps, even though I did not see the point of it, since particular data should not affect how I do setup for my OneStep Update.

As expected, this did nothing to resolve the issue of the non-functioning Apply button.

• greenes
    greenes Member ✭✭
    Options

I ended up rebuilding my registers omitting older transactions more than 3 years ago, and it seems to have solved this issue. Thanks for the advice - I haven't a clue why it worked!

This discussion has been closed.