Is there a portfolio value report that shows individual assets across accounts? (Q Mac)

Options
snsokstan
snsokstan Member āœ­āœ­
edited October 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I saw in a discussion a mention of "portfolio value report" but there's no such report in my list under REPORTS menu tab.

I have several funds that are in different retirement and different brokerage accounts. I am looking for a report that shows me my total investment in each fund regardless of what account it's in. I can't figure out how to create this.

I just want to see a report that shows

• Fund A $XXXX
  • Fund B $XXXX
  • etc.

I'd like to export that to a spreadsheet if possible.

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer āœ“
    Options

@snsokstan Glad we have you in the right place now. šŸ˜€

And I'm happy to say there's an easy way to do what you want.

• In the left sidebar, click on Investing to encompass all your retirement and non-retirement accounts.
    • On the right side, click the Portfolio tab
    • Select the As Of date if you want values as of the end of last month, or last year, or some other date.
    • Then just to the right of the date, set the filters to be "Portfolio Value" and "By Security".

This will give you a report of your investments by security, across all accounts. You can print this or export it to a spreadsheet by clicking the little ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ in a circle icon in the upper right.

Quicken Mac Subscription ā€¢ Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Answer āœ“
    Options

You're correct: you can select individual accounts for a customized report ā€” but you can't save the report for re-user later. If you're exporting to a spreadsheet, it may be faster to just export all accounts and then delete the rows you don't need in the spreadsheet.

There are two existing Idea threads seeking the capability to define and save investment reports. Please take just a minute to add your vote to these feature requests by clicking here and here.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Easy. My preference is not to go directly to Reports. Go to Investing > Portfolio.

You will get a choice of various views of your portfolio. Any of which you can customize to not care about accounts and is exportable to a spreadsheet. Or you can create an entirely new view with exactly what you want to see by customizing one of the "Custom n" views.

If you really want a Quicken Report, "Portfolio Value" is what you want. You can customize it as you wish and save it as a memorized report.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

Aw, crap. Are you a Mac user who just posted in the Windows area? If so please reply and we will get the moderators to move your question to the Mac area.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­āœ­
    Options

You put this question in the Reports Windows category but I see that your profile says you are a Quicken Mac user. Is that correct? The Portfolio Value report is available in the Windows version but I am not sure about the Mac version. That may be why you don't see it.

• snsokstan
    snsokstan Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

Yes, my bad. I am a Mac user and messed up. Please ask the mods to move.

I was a Q for W user who recently switched to Q for Mac. @Rocket J Squirrel @bmciance

• jacobs
    Answer āœ“
    Options

@snsokstan Glad we have you in the right place now. šŸ˜€

And I'm happy to say there's an easy way to do what you want.

• In the left sidebar, click on Investing to encompass all your retirement and non-retirement accounts.
    • On the right side, click the Portfolio tab
    • Select the As Of date if you want values as of the end of last month, or last year, or some other date.
    • Then just to the right of the date, set the filters to be "Portfolio Value" and "By Security".

This will give you a report of your investments by security, across all accounts. You can print this or export it to a spreadsheet by clicking the little ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ in a circle icon in the upper right.

• snsokstan
    snsokstan Member āœ­āœ­
    Options

Thanks!

Is there any way to capture that as a report? For certain reasons, I only want most but not all accounts on the CSV that I need to share. The only way I saw to do that was to select those accounts one by one but no way to preserve that selection.

Much appreciated.

• jacobs
    Answer āœ“
    Options

You're correct: you can select individual accounts for a customized report ā€” but you can't save the report for re-user later. If you're exporting to a spreadsheet, it may be faster to just export all accounts and then delete the rows you don't need in the spreadsheet.

There are two existing Idea threads seeking the capability to define and save investment reports. Please take just a minute to add your vote to these feature requests by clicking here and here.

This discussion has been closed.