One Step Update Only downloaded last 3 months.

Options

Windows 11 : Quicken Basic Ver R51.11 Edition Canada

Its been a long time (about 9 months) since I last run "one step update".

It ran successfully but only downloaded the last 3 months worth of transactions.
Missing is approximately 6 months of data records missing.

How do I get these missing transactions to download?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The financial institutions determine how far back they will download data for. There is nothing we can do to change that.

Do your financial institutions support downloading of transactions in QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") files? If they do, then you can log into your online account(s), select the time period that you want and download it to your computer. Then you can import that file into Quicken, making sure to match it to the account(s) you already have set up in Quicken.

If they do not support Web Connect, then you might need to manually enter the missing data.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• DaveBlakemore
    Options

thanks. I will check it out from the banks end in the morning.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Regarding the FAQ:

CHANGING THE OPENING BALANCE: I don't think this applies in this situation. The WC download & import will be inserted between older and new transactions. So, the original Opening Balance should be OK as is. However, WC import has sometimes been known to add it's own Opening Balance transaction the first time it is done for an account. So if after the the WC import is completed it is found that the account balance is inaccurate, I would search through the Account Register to see if there is a 2nd Opening Balance transaction that has a more recent date. If one is found, delete it.

DEACTIVATING THE CURRENT CONNECTION METHOD SO THE WC IMPORT CAN BE COMPLETED: I think the FAQ implies this but I want emphasize that deactivation of the current connection method is not always necessary. For me the current default connection method only needs to be deactivated if I want to make WC the new default connection method for that account. But for a 1X WC import process deactivating the current connection method, at least for me, has not usually been needed.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.