Repeatedly getting error even though transaction category is already set to EXPENSE

Options
afarabee
afarabee Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I am receiving this error repeatedly "This transaction was created as a transfer to an investment transaction. if you edit the category, the corresponding transaction will be deleted. do you want to change it anyway?"

Help said "To resolve this error, you should ensure that the category of the transaction is correctly set up as an expense category and not as a transfer to an investment transaction. Double-check the category settings for the transaction and make any necessary changes to the category to ensure it is correctly identified as an expense.

If you need further assistance with this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly. You can find their contact information on the Quicken website under the "Support" section."

BUT I already have the categories setup as Expenses. They are not setup as Investments.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you could, please show us the transaction in question, as it exists, before you get the error message.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• afarabee
    Options

Sure! In this example, the transaction was uncategorized. I changed it to Coffee Shops and still got the message that this was a transfer to an investment transaction. Then I show in the screenshots that the "Coffee Shop" category is setup as a Personal Expense, not an Investment Transaction.

• afarabee
    Options

sorry, here's screenshot

• afarabee
    Options

well every time i go to attach a screenshot it says "Permission Problem"

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @afarabee,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community!

In order to be able to attach screenshots, you will first need to reach 51 Community profile points. At this time, your Community profile points are at 2 points which is why you are receiving an error while trying to add attachments. Until you reach 51 points, you will need to drag and drop screenshots into the comment box in order for screenshots to appear as an attachment.

To learn more about the Community points system, please visit this Community FAQ available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• afarabee
    Options

@Quicken Anja I am trying to drag the screenshot from my file explorer and drop it here and still getting a Permission Problem error.

This discussion has been closed.