Payees with Foreign Addresses and Telephone Numbers (in Q Mac)

Options
Richard Kennedy
Richard Kennedy Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

I am U.S. based using Quicken for Mac Version 7.2.2 (Build 702.49933.100) under macOS 13.5.1.

I have payees worldwide. However, When entering Payee address and phone number, the program assumes a US only address and phone number. There is no place to enter a country. I am forced to enter a US state which makes no sense outside the US. Country codes for telephone numbers are not accepted.

Quicken for Mac needs to be able to handle foreign addresses link the Mac application Contacts.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Robert Lucas
    Robert Lucas Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem.

We winter in the Bahamas and have done so for decades. We have multiple accounts and opportunities to tighten up our documentation with proper addresses and phone numbers when available. This seems like such an obvious and logical thing to do.

Some places like the Bahamas have no zip codes or the equivalent thereof. Some places have no government mail delivery system, maybe just a drop box number at an importer's office. Some individuals have no formal street address, just a community name such as Blackwood, Abaco, Bahamas. Sometimes there is a street name but rarely a house number.

Quicken does not have the flexibility to deal with such situations.

This gets to be fun when we try to transfer funds where a drop box is the best address one has for a "home" address. We have to work with an individual's bank ABA number and account number.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have never seen anything from Quicken Inc to suggest that they support anything other than the US and Canada. Anything more is on the basis of "If you can make it work, great! If not, sorry we don't support that.".

And I find it sort of ironic that @Robert Lucas is basically pointing out why not to try to support this. It is a big can of worms with very little pay back for the majority of their users.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have never seen anything from Quicken Inc to suggest that they support anything other than the US and Canada.

@Chris_QPW The request is not to support other countries; it's to support US/Canada users who may need to send payments to people in other countries. That seems to me to be a pretty reasonable request to support the needs of existing Quicken users.

It seems to me there should be an easy solution to building complex rule-based fields for every country's states/regions/zip codes/community names/etc.: a checkbox to allow a free-form four-line address block for a payee. Boom, done. 😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs that sounds reasonable to me.

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note if want this you should vote for it.

Signature: