When I try to close Quicken there is a message saying I have online payments to send

Options

Hello

I did an update recently to Version R52.19 on Windows 11. Direct Connect with Wells Fargo.

These payments have already been submitted for future payment and have a check number assigned and a lightning bolt next to them.

One payment is a recurring payment that has been working fine YTD. It is set to process on 9/14 and I don't want to delete it. The second is a new one-time payment entered today and is set to process 9/15.

I have had this problem before but can't remember how to clear it. Suggestions welcome.

Thank you!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Risa Olsen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Risa Olsen
    Options

I did Validate but it did not change things. I did Super Validate. The problem persists. One thing that I am seeing is that every time I accept transactions, it says "enter valid date". The transactions have the correct date.

Suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Risa Olsen
    Options

I have too many transactions downloaded since then to use an old back up. That's how balances get really messed up.

There was another update today. I thought maybe that would solve it. Is there a bug in the last two updates? Why is this happening in the first place?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

There aren't any alerts for this issue; it isn't associated with either of these updates. Usually, when people encounter this issue, it is a file specific issue. Since you said you do not want to delete and recreate the transactions and you've indicated restoring a backup is not a viable solution, the next step would be creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.