Bank of the West Merging with Bank of Montreal (QMAC)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

New bank services (Bank of the West merging with Bank of Montreal)

Comments

• Levanah10
    Levanah10 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello - I'm using Quicken for Mac Version 7.2.2 & I have the same Bank of the West/BMO merger issue as described above, but the instructions from Jeffrey Wilens don't apply (the Mac menu setup is different). Searching the community-wide discussions only turns up directions for Windows; can someone direct me to where I can find instructions for Mac? Thanks.

Here's the issue I'm dealing with (copied from Hickeymommy):

How do I set up my update tool to work with the Bank of the West/BMO merger? The account #'s are the same - they claim the routing # should not need to be changed except if you have been told and they set up a new BMO account. Will my transactions be sync'd? 

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Levanah10,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem.

First, you will want to backup your Quicken file.

Then, you will want to deactivate all of your accounts connected to Bank of the West.

Once you have deactivated all the accounts with that financial institution, go to Accounts>Add Account.

Search for the new financial institution. Click on the correct institution and click the Continue button to continue.

Follow the prompts to connect your accounts. Be very careful to Link to existing and make sure Quicken is seeing the correct account in Quicken to link to. Note: If it says Add instead of Link, then it will add the account as a new account.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• danw
    danw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Bank of the West now BMO Bank…..

So now I can't download cleared transactions for my Quicken on MAC OR WINDOWS. help on how to do this please.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
This discussion has been closed.