Transactions and Cost is not downloading on Mac

Options
h40burrows
h40burrows Member ✭✭

Since Ameritrade merged with Charles Schwab 9/5/23 and third party access was set up to download everything, the transactions and cost basses not being downloaded from Schwab. The transactions and cost basis are at Schwab's site portfolio.

Comments

• h40burrows
    h40burrows Member ✭✭
    Options

I am interested in knowing if anyone else has experienced not having investments cost basis download from their brokerage.

I have followed the correction procedure, furnished by Quicken Support 9/8/23, three times and it does not correct the cost basis download problem. I reported back to Quicken Support and have not received even the courtesy of a followup reply.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @h40burrows,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

I have reviewed your interaction with Support, it seems as though they had only sent instructions regarding setting up your accounts after the merger due to the phone call needing to end on your part.

For further assistance with the issue that you are experiencing, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• h40burrows
    h40burrows Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine,

I don't have access to the Friday a.m. PT telephone conversation and certainly my memory is far from perfect. However, as I do remember, when I said I needed to end telephone call, the agent said she could send me the needed instructions via email. I thanked her and commented that I would prefer having them in writing. So, I accept it as my error for assuming the instructions being sent were to solve the problem I had called about. After all, the accounts had already been set up and updated, only to find the updates weren't complete.

I do have access to two email replies I sent Friday 9/8 at 12:55 and 2:45 p.m. PT explaining that the furnished instructions had not resolved my issue of cost basis not updating. I did not get any response to either. A quick "For further assistance with the issue that you are experiencing, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share." would have been appreciated.

Thankfully, I posted here and now have some explanation from you. I will follow up with a phone call ASAP.

Harold

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @h40burrows,

Thank you for providing more information.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns after your contact with Quicken Support.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• h40burrows
    h40burrows Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Okay, I found time to call Quicken Support and with screen share enabled I was led through the same steps as in the email instructions sent last week. The results were the same, no transaction or cost basis downloads included with updates. At that point the agent put me on hold to "check at his end." I was not surprised when he came back on line informing me there was a problem at Quicken with the cost and transactions downloading from Schwab, Quicken is working on it and it will be resolved as soon as possible.

It sure would have been nice to have the explanation from a Quicken representative a week ago instead of insinuations that I wasn't following proper procedures. I'm glad someone decided to check.

This discussion has been closed.