Scheduled Transactions changed from auto enter to remind upon bank download

Options

Lately it seems that any time a scheduled transaction is downloaded from the bank and matched, the transaction is changed in the Scheduled list from "Auto enter", which is how I set all of my scheduled transactions, to "Remind me". Nothing else is changed, not even the number of days in advance to auto enter or remind. It is quite annoying. I have been using scheduled transactions for years. This just started fairly recently - maybe a couple of months ago - and has been a consistent problem since.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

there have been a few recent bugs with respect to Reminders -

what version — Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jlove,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, or is it on a shared network drive? Is it synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

If you haven't done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and a sanitized copy of your data file. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jlove
    jlove Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken is on OneDrive. Why?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

oops - not encouraged….
    Quicken has problems when the Quicken QDF data file is stored anywhere else except on the local C: drive

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jlove
    jlove Member ✭✭
    Options

Then that should be addressed as an issue. Nothing but the OS should require being located on the C: drive. It is preposterous (and arrogant) for any software developer to make such a requirement.

• jlove
    jlove Member ✭✭
    Options

Without meaning to sound unreasonable, I know that requiring installation of a program on the C: drive was not uncommon twenty years ago, but with the advance of technology, today it is simply poor programming.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jlove - yeah… we all are working with the same views.
    Quicken has been around forever, so "guessing" there are bolted together pieces of legacy software that contain legacy modules, libraries, DB methods, etc - which make the total Quicken package somewhat fragile and therefore any changes or updates always have unintended consequences…

SO… we all just try to mitigate any of the gotchas, and just KISS -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NewportBeach92660
    NewportBeach92660 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This annoying defect has been going on for many, many months. I've set-up recurring bills with fixed amounts due each month, such as mortgage payment, cable bill, insurance payment as "auto enter."

Without notice or reason, the "auto enter" selection automatically reverts to "reminder"

[Merged Post]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

this was reported and resolved - but you had to manually go back and fix all the bad/changed Reminders

What version …. Help —> About Quicken

[Merged Post]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jlove
    jlove Member ✭✭
    Options

It is still happening for me, even after fixing the changed reminders. What I have now noticed is that it happens when an update from the bank is run and that update includes one or more scheduled transactions. It is those downloaded scheduled transactions included in an update that get changed.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what version … Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jlove
    jlove Member ✭✭
    Options

Version R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20

I always update upon receiving a notice.

This discussion has been closed.