R52.20 issue: One step update from Raymond James does not download cash amounts

Options
Chuck56
Chuck56 Member ✭✭

I'm currently stuck on release 50.14 because with every subsequent release, when i perform one step update, my Raymond James transactions do not download correctly. The cash balances in my RJ accounts are zeroed out in my corresponding quicken account balances. Also, the view of the account changes from register view to dashboard. This has happened after updating to each release after 50.14. I have had to revert back to 50.14 each time and am currently stuck on this release. Please investigate this issue. I have tried everything, i.e. Validate / Repair, Super Validate / Repair. I have called support and spent almost an hour a couple of times with no success. My main file is on my C: drive and not on MS One Drive.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Chuck56,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you connected to the financial institution using Direct Connect, or Express Web Connect? To check, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account name, then go to the Online Services tab and it should list the connection type there.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina, I appreciate you looking into this issue. I am connected via Direct Connect.

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, I have also performed an account reset on all 5 Raymond James investment accounts in quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

ok, thanks. I've called a couple of times and spent a good hour with them running through all troubleshooting options.. But i will try again. Something changed in the release after 50.14. I've been using quicken for 25 plus years and this is the first time a release has caused me an issue.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the heart of the problem is described by this: "the view of the account changes from register view to dashboard".

That sounds like Quicken's user-unfriendly habit of changing preferences on its own: you need not keep those changes ... so you can update to a newer Quicken release.

In this case, Quicken has probably enabled "Simple" tracking for your investment account(s).  
    [When the global Quicken Preference to "Enable Simple investing" is ON, each investment account has its own "Simple"/"Complete" tracking option.]

Going to Edit > Preferences > Investments and removing the checkmark in "Enable Simple investing (track positions only)" should clear up the problem.

[If you wanted some accounts to use "Simple investing" and others to use "Complete investing", you'd leave the global Preference to "Enable Simple investing" checked, then set the option for each account in its Edit Account Details dialog.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks mshiggins, As an update, I updated to the latest release and as expected, the views in the investment accounts changed to the dashboard. Following your suggestion, I was able to change the view back to register. Thanks so much for that.

Then I contacted support and as I shared my screen with the support person, I performed a one step update. Just as before, the cash balances in some of my investment accounts went to zero $'s. As the support person saw this happen, he informed me that this is a known issue and is being worked and to just stay on 50.14 for another month or so. It is a relief to know that this is being worked.

So, I plan to stay on 50.14 for the time being and wait on a resolution.

Thanks

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quick Update: recap. After I upgraded to release 52.20 from 50.14, I noticed my investment accounts were displaying dashboard views (52.20 changed the setting apparently). I followed mshiggins suggestion on changing my investment account views from simple back to complete, but I only did it for one of the 5. Then I ran one step update and found the same issue I noted above where the cash balance in the investment accounts went to a $0 balance. I noticed that for the account that I had changed back to "complete" from simple, it actually showed the correct cash balance. I then brought in a backup copy of my data file and changed all of the investment accounts back to "complete" and once again ran OSU. The result was all accounts showed the correct cash balance. So that problem looked to be solved. Thanks again mshiggins. I then noticed that new investment transactions had been automatically entered into the register even though they were set to not automatically enter. And the download transactions box was not at the bottom of the registers. So, I ran a super validate. That seems to have corrected everything. This morning, after running OSU, I had new investment transactions to accept and enter. But as in some other posts, I am getting a "Enter valid date" box, which I just hit OK to remove.

Just wanted to share.

This discussion has been closed.