American Express online biller requires a code

Options

American Express online biller requires a code. For several weeks the FIX IT option has been there for this biller. The status shows that AMEX is requiring a code but Quicken never gives me an option to enter a code.

Comments

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The screen that pops up

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Kerry,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• chuckfoster
    chuckfoster Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have had the same issue for quite some time, to the point that I have quit trying to use the online biller option for American Express. The issue was discussed with Quicken online support and I was told just to wait for a fix. There are similar issues with other online billers, and despite reporting, the issues persist. I have experienced issues with American Express, T-Mobile, Citi credit cards, and Barclay's AAdvantage credit card. Thus far, the online biller option works reliably with only a few of my utility accounts. It's a great feature when it works, but most of the time online billing download is too annoying to use.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could not agree more. Have not been able to add AT&T or American Express without it trashing ALL EWC + billers and requiring removals ansd repairs. These two REQUIRE auth codes and Quicken provides NO WAY to ebnter them. And seem oblivious to the issue. Reported MANY times.

So of my 7 possible online billers, 3 work properly. 2 require impossible auth codes, 2 require deleting and readding to get a bill scrapped and one cannot be used without disabling Direct Connect Bill Pay.

One of the best features of quicken now does near nothing.

And reports fall on deaf ears.

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I give up. The online biller option just doesn't work any more. I have more billers in the FIX IT state than actually work. Not worth the time it takes to "save time"

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Speculation/Inaccurate]

This discussion has been closed.