Attachments Disappearing

Options

I've seen several questions about this, but one of the discussions was closed with zero answers and the other got an answer something like "Don't use Quicken for attachments."

One of the primary features I use Quicken for is recording transactions along with the receipts. These receipts are needed for work reimbursement, taxes, refunds, etc. And clearly the developers of the software seem to think it's an important feature, as well.

But it is SO unreliable. The attachments disappear seemingly randomly with a cryptic message saying "This document is no longer available."

I've contacted support, done validations, super validations, disconnected Quicken for Web, reconnected, restored old backups, etc. And yet the problem persists.

Why no one will discuss this….or allow a discussion to take place about it…..is beyond me. But for a financial software package that has so much of my financial life riding on it, I just don't have much faith in it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TimRaines,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Nobody is blocking discussion of the issue on the Community. Posts on the Community are not the same as contacting Quicken Support. A post is not a trouble ticket and will get closed when it has been inactive for about a month, even if the issue is not resolved.

To assist you further, we do need more information about the issue. You put this discussion in the Quicken on the Web section of the forum. Is this where you are encountering the issue? Do attachments work properly from your desktop program? When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

What method do you use when you upload attachments? Have you noticed any pattern to the issue? Is there anything that seems to trigger attachments to throw that error message? Is this affecting all of your attachments, or just some?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.