Phantom investment transactions from JP Morgan during OSU

Options
rhg_hilltop
rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭

I recently detected that for about the last year, phantom transactions have been regularly showing up in my one-step update from JP Morgan, all related to one money market fund PJLXX. Almost every month it records 2 dividends and 2 corresponding new purchases (for the reinvestment). One of the dividend and corresponding purchases is correct, but one is not. This is happening in two different accounts with the same security. Even more mysterious, JPM shows no transactions with the same values on the online register. Has anybody heard of this happening? I am hesitant to delete the transactions, because I fear that Quicken must be getting them from somewhere, and I don't know if somehow they are mislabeled or mapping to the wrong places. And of course, I need to find a way to keep it from continuing to happen.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @rhg_hilltop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Did anything significant happen right before this issue started (e.g.: a new update was installed, a one-step update was run, etc)?

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please save a backup (just in case).

To start with, please right-click the account experiencing this problem in the Account List sidebar and select Edit/Delete Account. Then, navigate to the Online Services tab and check if "Automatic entry is: ..." is set to On or Off (see below).

Please click on it and select the opposite choice of what is currently selected. If it is set to "No - Never...", please switch it to "Yes - Always…" or vice versa (see below). Doing so should allow you to deactivate the account without getting the error message again. You can switch this setting back after reactivating the account.

Once that is done, attempt to deactivate the account. If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, please reactivate through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, link to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.