Help with monthly reconciliation!

Options

I've put off contacting you for months. I have used an older version of Quicken. I had to buy a new computer earlier this year. Then I needed a newer version of Quicken. After the newer version was loaded, none of the balances of the accounts were correct. You helped with them but still I have one account that although I reconcile at the end of the month on the next month's scree where previous balance is listed, there is some random number. Which is frustrating and the reason that I didn't want to go through all the corrections again. Please help.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jan Christian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned you were previously using an older version of Quicken and then upgraded to the current version of Quicken. Did you start a fresh data file, or did you import/convert your previous data file? When did this issue start? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.