USAA Account Access

Options

I signed on to my decades old USAA checking account and discovered for some unexplained reason quicken was no longer able to connect to or update my USAA accounts. When I try to activate one step update, I see a popup page to authorize my USAA account. When I click on it to sign into USAA i receive rceive the error msg "error": "invalid_request",
"error_description": "Validation error"

I signed in 2 days ago without issues. Comments please
}

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jim Singer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this error coming up when you are redirected to the website to authorize through USAA? Which browser are you using? Have you tried temporarily setting a different default browser? Do you have any antivirus, VPN, or firewall active?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Alan Bernstein
    Alan Bernstein Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having similar problems. I have tried Firefox, Edge, and Chrome…. no change is inability to set up USAA account. Removed VPN, no effect. Took down antivirus, no effect.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Alan Bernstein,

Since changing default browsers, turning off VPN, and turning off anti-virus did not correct the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TomStewart
    TomStewart Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

After going through [Removed - Disruptive] Quicken Support's algorithm, including moving the Quicken file to the C: drive, what actually worked was opening up the brower settings (I had already switched the default browser to Edge, so it was the Edge settings, the horizontal elipsis in the upper right corner) then click History, then click the trashcan icon in the upper right, then selct "All time" and check the boxes for Browsing History, Download History, Cookies adn other site data, and Cached Images and files, then click the "Clear now" button to clear all the history data.

After that, re-authorizing the USAA accounts went very smooth. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.